In our channels, you publish content by writing a post.
Depending on the type of channel, it may be necessary to first assign certain rights in order to post:
- In a news channel (symbol: newspaper ) authors and channel admins can write posts and edit the posts of other authors
- In a stable information channel (icon: folder), authors and channel admins can create posts and edit the posts of other authors
- In an open channel (symbol: speech bubble), all users with the "Read permission" can post; however, they can only edit or delete their own posts. On the other hand authors (permission "read and write") or channel admins can also edit or delete the posts of other users.
How to create a new post:
- Select a channel in the left menu under "Channels" and then click on "Make a new post". Of course, you can also create a new channel first.
- Write your article with the editor: The editor offers you the possibility to format the text according to your needs.1. You have the possibility to place important notes next to a text in your article. These are color-coded to come directly into the focus of the reader. In addition, you can select two different headings in addition to a paragraph.
2. You can format the text in bold, italic, underline or even blockquote.
3. As a supporting medium you can also add a hyperlink, an image or a media or video link from e.g. YouTube to your post. In addition to a variety of emojis, you can also use tables to visualize specific data or information.
4. You can use three different types of list types, with which you can graphically represent enumerations, numbering or tasks.
5. With the text alignment you can determine how the text of your post should be displayed. In addition, you can increase or decrease the indentation here.
6. Likewise, it is possible to adjust the marking and font color of the text in terms of color to attract even more attention.
7. Here you have the option to change the font of your text, set a horizontal line to divide your post into sections or also add a code or code block. With the code block you have many different options. e.g. in CSS, Java, HTML or simply as text and many more. With the two arrow buttons shown you can either undo or redo the setting you made.
- When you click "Publish now", the article will be published and visible to every user of the channel.
If you are an author or channel admin, you will see the "Advanced settings" option, which you may want to use to make additional settings before publishing. These allow you to make a variety of additional settings regarding the display, publishing time, etc:
1. Subheading: Here you can add an optional subheading.
2. Teaser image: This preview image is displayed in the news slider on the home page and in the preview in the channel's feed.
3. Teaser: This short teaser text helps to attract attention so that users open the post. By using a teaser, the post must be explicitly opened and at the same time, this creates a more compact and clearer presentation in the channel's feed.
4. Timing the article: If you have selected a time to publish, either directly or at a chosen time in the future, click "Publication Now" or "Schedule" to have the article published at the selected time.
5. Save article as draft: When you click "Save Draft", this article is not yet published. Only channel authors and admins can view the article. The article can still be edited.